Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Good Grief Talk Show with Lynda Cheldelin Fell & Angie Cartwright featuring special guests Christine Bastone & Brooke Ninni Matthews

Here I am, one hour to show time, and I'm normally going a million miles an hour right about now.  But instead, I find myself sitting quietly, reflecting upon tonight's sensitive and very painful topics.  

The first topic we will be discussing is the powerful and life-shattering impact on those
left behind in the wake of suicide.  While grief is grief, some deaths carry additional dynamics not found everywhere.  And suicide is definitely one of these.  Earlier today I saw a video clip of Katie Couric interviewing singer Marie Osmond regarding the pain she faces daily since her 18 year-old son jumped to his death in 2010.  While the video clip was only a few minutes long, it was more powerful than any 90-minute movie and I was impressed with how important it is to openly discuss suicide.  And though I know it will be painful for tonight's guest Christine Bastone to share her own tragic story about losing her sister to suicide, I find comfort knowing it will help others some how, some way.    

Our second guest tonight, Brooke Ninni Matthews, walks a different journey though no less painful.  She lost two loved ones in a short time span, and joins us tonight to share her special story as well.  

I'm in complete awe of these ladies for taking time out of their busy lives to talk with us tonight about such painful subjects.  I hope you can join us too, and if you know of someone in need of comfort, please share our show with them....you never know who you might end up saving.   

Much love,
Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment